Building a new mobility ecosystem and business model
How do we capture the future?
- The automotive industry, a core industry in Aichi Prefecture, has been making the world's mobility and life closer, more convenient and more enjoyable for over 100 years. By presenting how communities , daily life and mobility should be as a single image, realization of urbanization can present new possibilities for the world.
- On the other hand, there are concerns that the trend toward urbanization, which will see 75% of the world's population living in cities by 2050, will exacerbate social issues such as traffic congestion and traffic accidents caused by cars, the disparity between the vulnerable and the rest of the population, air pollution, and the inefficiency of the use of urban space.
What is the purpose of Co-Creation?
- The challenge is to overcome the barriers that revolve around the high cost of CASE system and most existing technologies are stuck at demonstration levels.
- Specifically, the critical issue that needs to be solved is not the immaturity of the technology, but the fact that a new mobility ecosystem and business model have yet to be built.
What is the potential that can be harnessed for the future?
- Aichi Prefecture is home to a wide range of attractive "venues" such as Expo 2005 Aichi Memorial Park (Moricoro Park) and the Aichi Sky Expo (International Exhibition Center), providing infrastructure and opportunities for the creation of new mobility ecosystems and business models.
- Aisin Seiki Co., Ltd. has developed and commercialized a 1.5-seat electric personal mobility vehicle, ILY-Ai, which makes new ways of getting around possible.
What kind of partners do we want to co-creation with?
- We want to co-create a new mobility ecosystem and business model, including ILY-Ai, developed and commercialized by Aisin Seiki, with our partners.
- Aisin Seiki is engaged in value creation that goes beyond the manufacturing and sale of automotive parts, and we want to co-create a new, unprecedented challenge with our partners.
- We want to co-create an initiative with our partners that goes beyond technical demonstration tests and provides value to citizens and communities through implementation to society.
- Application must be included the use of Aisin Seiki's ILY-Ai electric 1.5-seater personal mobility vehicle
Assets provided by the Challenge Owner
- Opportunity to conduct a PoC (including provision of resources from applicant)
- Consideration of concluding an agreement for commercialization (based on the results of the above PoC)